Apply Nycote® 88 to metal surfaces that need protection from corrosive elements. It comes in an easy-to-use two-part component.
Easy to follow steps:
- Carefully clean surfaces of oils, grease and dust. Nycote® Thinner I followed by Nyclean™ is recommended.
- Add accelerator to base container (ratio of resin to accelerator is 16 to 1).
- Close tightly and shake well for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before use.
- Apply Nycote® resin by brush, dip, fill and drain, or spraying techniques.
- After accelerator is added, use within 3 hours.
- Allow 1-2 hours air dry to achieve tack free surface before applying second coat.
- Allow to air dry in dust and lint free area.
- Follow cure timetable for full cure of film.
- Clean equipment with Nycote® Thinner Type I.
Allow 1-2 hours air dry to become tack free. In dry air allow 72 hours at room temperature for full cure or:
- 12 hours @ 120°F/49°C
- 8 hours @ 150°F/66°C
- 4 hours @ 180°F/82°C
- 2 hours @ 220°F/105°C
Cure film temperature range is -70°F/-57°C up to +300°F/149°C
Store at 70° F. / 21° C. Keep away from fire or flame.
The liquid Nycote® resin may be harmful or fatal if swallowed or taken internally. Avoid inhalation of fumes or excessive skin contact. Keep away from face and eyes. Work in well ventilated areas.
Refer to MSDS for all safety information.