Apply Nycote® 7-11 to metal surfaces that need protection from corrosive elements. The liquid formula can be easily applied by painting, spraying or dipping areas that need protection from aircraft fuels, oil, lubricants, phosphate ester hydraulic fluids, salt spray and water.
- Carefully clean surfaces of oils, grease and dust. Nycote® Thinner I followed by Nyclean™ is recommended.
- Apply Nycote® resin by brush, dip, fill and drain, or spraying techniques.
- Allow 1-2 hours to achieve tack free surface before applying second coat.
- When spraying we recommend using Nycote® Thinner Type II at a 25% to 50% volume ratio in order to reduce cob webbing. Use low air pressure 10-20 p.s.i.
- Allow wetted surface to air dry in dust and lint free area.
- Follow cure timetable for full cure of film.
- Clean equipment with Nycote® Thinner Type I.
Allow 1-2 hours to become tack free. In dry air allow 72 hours at room temperature for full cure or:
- 12 hours @ 120°F/49°C
- 8 hours @ 150°F/66°C
- 4 hours @ 180°F/82°C
- 2 hours @ 220°F/105°C
Cure film temperature range is -70°F/-57°C up to +300°F/149°C
The liquid Nycote® resin may be harmful or fatal if swallowed or taken internally. Avoid inhalation of fumes or excessive skin contact. Keep away from face and eyes. Work in well ventilated areas.
Refer to MSDS for all safety information.